Seabrook 03/11

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
OuttaLuck

Seabrook 03/11

Post by OuttaLuck »

Hi everyone,

Just picked up fishing again after 8 years away from the sport. Always fished along the coast from Deal, Dover, Folkestone peirs to Sandgate, Seabrook, Hythe and Dungeness beaches.

Picked up some new equipment from Micks tackle yesterday and headed out for last nights high tide (22:47). Fished just past the Murco garage to re-aqquaint (sp) myself again and had a thoroughly good time even if the fish were pretty much a no show.

Had a small doggie but nothing else, guy a few yards along from me didnt have any luck but did have a big bite on his whole whiting bait which was unfortunately lost, so looks like the Cod is about.

Heading out again tonight so will keep you updated with the situation down at seabrook.

Also thanks to all the helpful information on the site, been a great help.

Regards

Lee

jay180
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by jay180 »

hello lee welcome to the forum, hope you have many good sessions, tight lines
jay

steveseagull
Occasional
Occasional

Post by steveseagull »

jay180 wrote:hello lee welcome to the forum, hope you have many good sessions, tight lines
jay

+1 :D

reeldeal
Occasional
Occasional

Post by reeldeal »

GOING TO HYTHE EARLY ON SAT AM, WAS ME ON MY OWN, BUT NOW MY TWO BOYS AND THE WIFE ARE TAGGING ALOND ALSO, YOU CANT MISS ME GREEN SHELTER, UMBRELLA, 3 RODS AND A WASHING LINE, COME AND GIVE US A SHOUT TMRW

CHEERS

GRAHAM

4CodsSake
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by 4CodsSake »

Welcome to the site Lee and thanks for the report

Craig

OuttaLuck

Post by OuttaLuck »

Hi all,

Didnt fish Wednesday night but were reports of 2-3lb Cod caught from the beach by the Murco garage.

Fished last night (HW 00:21) set up at the white shelter between Seabrook and Hythe at 22:00 with bait of common Lug and Squid. Conditions were ok, not alot of wind and calm waters which thought may hinder my attempts but didnt seem to bother the fish.

Total of 10 fish landed, 5 Whiting with only 1 being of any decent size, 4 Pouting with 2 coming up decent and a little Dab all caught on 2-Hook flapper with Lug tipped with squid.

Missed a couple of big ish bites and lost one on way in but all bar 1 Pouting safely released to fight another day.

I had a problem with the 1 Pout as the hook had gone down its throat and caught on its internals somehow, tried and tried with the long nosed forceps but just wouldnt free itself. Is there any tecnique to get these hooks out when they go down this far, if so any advice would be welcomed.

All in all a good nights fishing but ran out of worm at 01:00 so couldnt fish the tide back down. Going again tonight (HW 00:51) so once again will keep you updated.

Will be at the White shelter agin so if anyone is down that way feel free to pop over for a chat.

Tight Lines all,

Lee