Report for Deal Pier 10/08/09

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
PootyTang
Occasional
Occasional

Report for Deal Pier 10/08/09

Post by PootyTang »

Fished the pier today from 1000 to 1400 . I started fishing with a two hook boom rig with lug for bait but had no joy . At about 1200 i saw some bird activity so switched to the feathers . First cast saw my first mackerel but then it went quiet . The fishing was very hit and miss with the main bulk of the shoal staying well out of casting range . By 1400 i had my self inposed quota of 10 so i packed up but to be honest i don't think my back and shoulders could have taken much more . I must be getting old :( . The combination of the casting and amazing fighting quality of the fish done for me . I was fishing the front of the bottom deck with no problems with snags but i did notice that the people fishing the left corner were regularly losing gear so bear that in mind when visiting . There's my report so i'm off back to my armchair to lick my wounds with a cold Vodka . Speak soon . :)

Realytangled
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Realytangled »

Nice report, not fished the lower deck this year but it was always the right side (Walmer) that was snaggy must have changed.

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Good report Pooty, good to hear that you think that Mackies are real sporting fish, i agree

JOLI