selsey 08/08/09

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
andymad
Regular
Regular

selsey 08/08/09

Post by andymad »

well ive been meaning to head down here for a long time.Arrived a good 9hrs before high tide to get a spot,fished to the left of the windmill about 300 yards fron the groins.
Set up base camp 1 rod and 3 traces.just dossed on the beach till night began to fall.
Baited up with peelers started fishing at about 21.15,cast out and waited,pre baited the other traces.First bite then run storming up the left of the beach produced my first selsey smoothy and pb 6lb 13oz.Second cast another run reeling in gaining line,giving line i knew this was a good double.Rod doubled then about 10 yards out i gave it a bit to much welly and gone,cursing changed trace cast out.All night action from start to finish.
I ended the night with a 10lb 2oz smoothound,and new pb
Total for the night was 8 fish to a total of59lb aching arms,well worth the 220 mile round trip.

Would urge anyone given the chance to get down there

andy

cuckoo

Post by cuckoo »

Well done on the pbs andy , really is worth a trip down there when they are feeding hard :D , glad you enjoyed your trip ;)

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Great report Andy,

Sounds like you had a fantastic time and of course well done on your new PB =D>

Cheers macer :D

essexdangler
Regular
Regular

Post by essexdangler »

well done dude you took my advice and put it to good pratice and well done on ya pb

essex d

andymad
Regular
Regular

Post by andymad »

Well chris ill be after a meet up again,when then cod come up to the oj cause you didnt do bad up there last year did ya.
Them smoothies really test your gear out and if its not up to it,your in for a bad nite.To run as hard as they do and when you catch up with them they just stop you dead in there tracks its awsome fishing

cheers
andy

essexdangler
Regular
Regular

Post by essexdangler »

dont you worry i will get you on the cod as well as i do like killing a few of them of din din

Realytangled
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Realytangled »

Well done andy nice report.

Peter

mulletover
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mulletover »

Have a feeling you were next along the beach to us!!!!
We were closer to the coast guard tower, that's as far as I could manage the camping stuff!!!
You did better than me by miles, and I wondered how the cluster of shelters near the caravan park did?

Still I wasn't disappointed with my night out. I fished to 2.30 am but only managed a small bream at high tide.
Despite taking what seemed like loads of stuff I wish we'd taken the blow up bed, I'm getting too old to sleep on shingle!

Shame we didn't get to meet!

Good report and a good session!

Martin

andymad
Regular
Regular

Post by andymad »

I think it was probably me,there was 2 blokes holding there rods between me and the last people.The people by the windmill had a few i heard,i think that is the top spot or just more convinient to park.
Would have popped over for a chat but dont like leaving my gear.Was my first time there but would go again as it was a blinding session i also had a small bass and a pouting hopefully i can put in 1 more session down there
before they dissapear.

cheers for all your comments

andy

PootyTang
Occasional
Occasional

Post by PootyTang »

Sounds like you had a brilliant session and that picture is so cool . Nice one :D :D

mulletover
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mulletover »

We'd planned to fish the bill for bream then move to west beach in the evening, but Tim's mum in the tackle shop suggested we got to west beach early as it would be packed!
We got there lunch time and it's the longest wait for the tide I've ever done!

I don't know how long the hounds are around?
It's a fair old trek so I'll be keeping my eye on the south forum. Maybe I'll see you next time!!!

Martin

robc22
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by robc22 »

well done m8.......nice report and great pic!

ducker

Post by ducker »

hi andy
great report better pb well done

ducker

Hebby09

Post by Hebby09 »

Nice report and a great pic! :D

feenagh

Post by feenagh »

Good report and pic. Well done!