Fishing in Newhaven?

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
AdurPeanut

Fishing in Newhaven?

Post by AdurPeanut »

I have a mate that lives in Newhaven and would like to start fishing but is under the impression that you are not allowed to fish the harbour arm, is this true?
If so where are the best marks in the area?
Cheers :D

anthony

Post by anthony »

apparently it is although many do venture up there just do not take expensive equipment as it can be confiscated if they get a report from vessels passing

the west and east quay are good spots i tend to go through week when its is quite there a nice helpful bunch around there just strike up conversation with someone they ll point him in right direction

Harwoody
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Harwoody »

I have heard many stories, most of which are not true with a bit of luck. The have completly fenced off the breakwater, but people climb onto it from the west beach. I cant say I have heard about people conviscating the equipment, but I have heard of heavy fines. Bu its not exactly patrolled...

The Car Park that overlooks the sea at the end of Fort Road has been announced a no fishing zone alongside the river up to the boat yard, but we are encouraged to continue there by the people who work there ironically. So Theres ye best bet, it does get busy though.

East Pier is my spot, its a real pain to get to and its about a half mile walk from where ye leave ye car. I dont recall any no fishing signs but watch out for boats passing, they have a tendancy to aim for ye lines.

Hope this helps.

AdurPeanut

Post by AdurPeanut »

Cheers people, I will pass on the info. I think I will tell him to avoid the arm as I think having his kit taken off him or a fine may put him off fishing.
:D

fishingbloke

Post by fishingbloke »

As Harwoody says, try the East arm, loads of people fish regularly with good results. He could also try Tidemills and Seaford beach, both can produce good results but can also be a bit hit and miss.