thames sole

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
jay180
Advanced User
Advanced User

thames sole

Post by jay180 »

anyone had or heard of any sole coming out at gravesend yet, was thinking of having a sole session friday 22nd may high at midnight, if none about will prob head up to sandwich bay high around 10ish try for a ray, wanted to go out this week but the other half has booked me for house duties :(
cheers jay

jeffro

Post by jeffro »

Jay,

How it going mate?

Listen, I am off to Sandwich on the 22nd aswell.

Fancy meeting?

Jeff

conehead
Regular
Regular

Post by conehead »

Apparently a lot of upper thames sole are coming dead in the trawlers nets but theres been a few caught off the windfarms

jay180
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by jay180 »

jeffro wrote:Jay,

How it going mate?ay
Listen, I am off to Sandwich on the 22nd aswell.

Fancy meeting?

Jeff
hello ,mate im not bad you? ment to be fishing gravesend with lee361 friday, gonna help him get his 1st sole, if the weather an reports dont favour it i will speak to him about the bay... spoke to big digger earlier think he is off to s.bay this week, i be speaking to him wednesday an keep you posted... if i dont end up that way i will defo be up 4 a session soon there, never tried it so it would be a 1st :D
jay

Bigdigger
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Bigdigger »

Gday Jay. As u know Kirkyboy & Steve Da Funk fished Gravesend last night resulting in 2 flounders for Steve & 2 flounders & 2 SOLE for Kirk. Used 2 hook loop rigs & lug tipped with rag at about 30 yds out. Nothing at distance except 2 mitten crabs for Steve. They fished the saltings just past the lifeboat pier. Still dunno wots appenin at the weekend yet will bell ya weds / thurs. Clive ;)

jay180
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by jay180 »

Bigdigger wrote:Gday Jay. As u know Kirkyboy & Steve Da Funk fished Gravesend last night resulting in 2 flounders for Steve & 2 flounders & 2 SOLE for Kirk. Used 2 hook loop rigs & lug tipped with rag at about 30 yds out. Nothing at distance except 2 mitten crabs for Steve. They fished the saltings just past the lifeboat pier. Still dunno wots appenin at the weekend yet will bell ya weds / thurs. Clive ;)
cheers for the info mate, speak in the week :)
jay