Fishing at Reculver??

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fishing at Reculver??

Post by macer »

I was doing a reccie at reculver yesterday. Looks like a cracking venue but is it fishing well (or at all lol) at the moment??

I found a few bits of fishing kit around the breakwaters and binned some shock leader, rusty hooks, rubbish etc that was snagged around it, so it would appear people do fish there :-/ .

Im looking to target Thornies so would Reculver be any good? or is it better to just go to Leysdown (or somewhere else lol).

Im hoping to go on Thursday 23rd of April

Cheers macer :D

fatbloke

Post by fatbloke »

even though i live 10mins away from reculver never fished it :D but that said local tackle shop always reccomend it but it does fish better after a big blow in warmer weather so i have been told
tight lines

Bigdigger
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Bigdigger »

Gday M8. Ive been told by a couple of dedicated ray bashers that Reculver picks up a week or two after they start showing at Minnis & this weekend i have heard of about a dozen or so coming out at Minnis so maybe worth a try. If i hear any more news Ill PM ya. Chhers M8 Clive

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Thanks for the replies :D

Pureocean

Post by Pureocean »

Reculver is a good spot, has a its time however when it can be poor, but I have always experienced good fishing at reculver. In my opinion though it is best late autumn for whiting, they run the beach along east to west and its possible to get 50 odd with ease on a good day.

Summer, tends to get a mixture of fish, some bass, flats, but lots of those ugly ling type things.. :D

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Pureocean wrote:Reculver is a good spot, has a its time however when it can be poor, but I have always experienced good fishing at reculver. In my opinion though it is best late autumn for whiting, they run the beach along east to west and its possible to get 50 odd with ease on a good day.

Summer, tends to get a mixture of fish, some bass, flats, but lots of those ugly ling type things.. :D
Do you get many ray's come out mate?

Cheers macer :D