Anyone been fishing Dumpton gap recently ?

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
maggot

Anyone been fishing Dumpton gap recently ?

Post by maggot »

anyone fished dumpton gap recently,good in decemberbut not fished it this year, itching to try low water.

mulletover
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mulletover »

Hi
Sorry can't help but I,ve always fancied fishing there but never tried it. Any ideas what u get there in the summer? Does it fish well?
I tend to spend my summer either local around The Medway or somewhere between Dover and Dungeness. Never try around Ramsgate for some reason!

Regards
Martin

maggot

dumpton gap

Post by maggot »

summer fishing is very good for big bass, lots of gullys to temt them in, 1hour before low quite productive, plenty of spinning opertunities .so while waiting for a bite use a spinning rod.sorted!

biff1981

Post by biff1981 »

i had a look at botney bay that also looks good for fishing you ever fished there maggot

maggot

Post by maggot »

fished a couple times, wernt dissapointed lots of whiting, few codling right next to the chalk stack.

mulletover
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mulletover »

Thanks, I'll give it a go in the summer, good to have new places!

biff1981

Post by biff1981 »

where else in thanet do you go mate

maggot

Post by maggot »

joss bay low, minnisbay, reculver worth a try, bog pipe at palm bay,and one of me favs in the summer bairns car park.

Pureocean

Post by Pureocean »

Try stone bay also, this is really fun, thats the bay between Viking Bay (Broadstairs) and Joss Bay.

Little tip, take a meat skewer and do not use weights. Find a small chalk rock (hundreds) and make a hole in it with the Skewer, then tie the line in. This you will find works better than a weight, you wont lose tackle and more important you will find the rock actually moves better in the tide.

The screts of chalk ledge fishing..... I have done this for 28 years wit hthis method, after one days years ago losing 8 weights, and a old fishermen told me his secret! :D

Subsonic40grain

Post by Subsonic40grain »

I had my first go at sea fishing in Dumpton Gap yesterday, misty as hell and quite flat. Me and a m8 fished 2 hours up and caught nothing. This may have had something to do with forgetting the bait and having to use limpets lol! Was a fun day though. We walked to Viking bay after and saw a few fishermen on the pier but no fish coming in. One guy had caught the other day on lug he said. Going to try Reculver this Friday night. Good news was that last Friday I finally cracked Haningfield reservoir and landed 3 fine rainbows on the fly! Hopefully I will crack the sea fishing as well, my casting is dodgy to say the least cos I am so used to fly fishing.