anything South East coast sea fishing related here
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:00 am
Hi to all fairly new to fishing around 2 years or so, so was hoping for some info on a fish a caught on saturday off brighton marina east arm which was apparently a Scorpian fish from what one of the guys who came round to collect the money said and after googling it appears it was. My qusetion is how common are they and are they as posionous as searches have said.
1) Very common. Various local names: Bullhead, Father Lasher etc.
2) Not poisonous at all.
- www.sea-fishing.org creater
- Posts: 1559
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:00 am
- Location: UK South Coast
I caught one once off Yarmouth pier, it did have a couple of sharp nasty looking spikes near the head end
- Advanced User
- Posts: 928
- Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: erith, kent
had 1 off dover ad pier, didnt have a clue what it was until i posted pic on here an the other forum users told me..... didnt touch it, :-S haha, looked mean an ugly
- Posts: 239
- Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: brighton
I had one off the marina&at seaford nice little fish
- Posts: 268
- Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: eastbourne e/sussex