Be careful if fishing westcliff Ramsgate

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
captainbirdseye
Occasional
Occasional

Be careful if fishing westcliff Ramsgate

Post by captainbirdseye »

Just thought I'd warm anyone thinking of fishing this spot that I had a bit of trouble there tonight. Basically Stupid little Idiots chucking rocks and bottles over the cliff. The thing I'm really gutted about is that the people nxt to me had little kids with them, we both packed up because after I shouted a few choice words the idiots started making there way towards us looking for a row.
It's the 3rd time I've had a problem there, although I have fished it for 20 yrs. Had mates who have had bricks chucked at them as well.

Take care if you fish down there, I really don't like to think the sort of damage a brick or bottle would do from that sort of height. X(

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Post by fishhunter »

Bloody neds why cant they all just get a life?

mulletover
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mulletover »

Shame
Fishing is already hard enough, considering weather, tides, fish migration and less fish, now we have to deal with societies idiots!

Have to say there are some places I don't like fishing at night due to that sort of thing, especially if i am camping. I always go for remote places away from the added hassle of people!!!
Take care
Martin

robc22
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by robc22 »

Throwing rubbish all over the place....endangering blokes and their families fishing......ruining the mark

Bloody basta=ds

jay180
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by jay180 »

some1 needs to an throw them over the cliff, wasters them sort, X( X(

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

This is not a new phenomenon, two summers ago was" bassing" there (one of the best places iv'e ever been for bass !!!!) and a bike came crashing down and on another occassion a few cars pulled up ,switched off and waited in the car park after about 20 mins "old bill "arrived and i assume it was a drug bust, would'nt fish there any more unless mob handed...............great fishing but to much aggro !!!!!!

biff1981

Post by biff1981 »

had a walk down along there low tide on friday. the whole place is covered in mussels would have thought that was good for holding fish am i right.
i also fished the first of the big grones oppersite the cafe didnt catch there put was good i tried iut my new lure,have you ever caught anything round there on a lure or spinner i think this a a more fun way to fish than just whacking a baitted line out and waiting,while i wait i have been using the lure but have not had a knock yet any suggestions

captainbirdseye
Occasional
Occasional

biff1981 wrote:had a walk down along there low tide on friday. the whole place is covered in mussels would have thought that was good for holding fish am i right.
i also fished the first of the big grones oppersite the cafe didnt catch there put was good i tried iut my new lure,have you ever caught anything round there on a lure or spinner i think this a a more fun way to fish than just whacking a baitted line out and waiting,while i wait i have been using the lure but have not had a knock yet any suggestions
The best place for spinning off there is off the rocks next to the sally port, off the low-tide there's a pipe half way along. Be careful, if you slip down them rocks you'll be badly hurt. Also keep an eye out for nets as it's usually heavily netted ;)
The westcliff promanade itself usually throws up small bass, but I have had 1 of 4 1/2 lb one night off there.

kingfisher14
Regular
Regular

Post by kingfisher14 »

should of cast a few 7oz leads there way, i think they would of change there minds then lol.

biff1981

Post by biff1981 »

is there any problems witht the port aurthority with fishing off them rocks
do you mean the actualy brakwater than runs from the edge of the beach out and round to the left.its got a load of wood on it at the moment lol

captainbirdseye
Occasional
Occasional

biff1981 wrote:is there any problems witht the port aurthority with fishing off them rocks
do you mean the actualy brakwater than runs from the edge of the beach out and round to the left.its got a load of wood on it at the moment lol
Yep the breakwater rocks, I've walked out there before and the security just said make sure you dont fall in. Your better off fishing it with someone for safety. Obviously watch out if fishing low water, because you'll get cut off and have to climb round that metal gate thing they've stuck there.