best place to fish

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
chaz123

best place to fish

Post by chaz123 »

hi all where is the best place to fish in herne bay/whitstable i am really having trouble catching any thing at all i fished of herne bay pier behind the gym for about 3-4 hrs and caught nothing
thanks
charlie

mld

Post by mld »

Look at your previous post, i've answered it! Try Hampton Jetty, next to the rocks at night, big bait, mackerel. peeler, mussels or squid on a 5/0, simple ledger with three foot trace.
Let me know how you get on.
By the way, three or four hours is not a very long session, although you might have been restricted by the tide. It's not uncommon to fish for 12 hours at Dungeness, and not get a bite. That's fishing mate.
If you have a car, get yourself over to Hythe, and fish the night tide three hours up and two hours down. Use mackerel strip, or lug, or squid strip, and catch about thirty Whiting, a couple of Codling, possibly a Sole as well.

chaz123

Post by chaz123 »

i will give it ago 2morro night im not sure about all threase rigs u talk about as ive not been fishing long what is a running ledger
thanks
charlie

Geggy_poos
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Geggy_poos »

type it in google! they will show how to make and have loads of pics!

hope that helps, greg

chaz123

Post by chaz123 »

ok m8 will have a look now. is it worth having fishing lessons at all and do u no any where that does them
thanks

funkykebab
Occasional
Occasional

Post by funkykebab »

I learnt from my mate, just by watching and asking....each time I go by myself I always make sure I set-up next to someone who looks nice. That way if I screw up (and I always do) I can ask for help and advice.

Feel like a complete tool, but people are generally noce and helpful!

matt

Geggy_poos
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Geggy_poos »

to be honest i wouldnt go to fishing tutors/lessons! when you are fishing most people are freindly are more that willing to give you a few pointers! also dont be afraid to ask! im my experience 8/10 people will help you where as coarse fishing 3/10 would! sea fisherman seem to be so much happier in general

good luck and tight lines!!!! greg

samee
Regular
Regular

Post by samee »

Its because sea air makes everyone Feel happy (exept dog walkers :D :D ) i think staring into a muddy hole in the ground must be a bit boring. i know cos ive done it.

Sam

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

The definition of a boat is an expensive hole in the water lol. keith

Geggy_poos
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Geggy_poos »

lol keith! :D greg

chaz123

Post by chaz123 »

i will do that its just i fill like a bit of a prat not knowing anytink but thanks alot for all your he;p

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Dont worry mate ask all the qustions you want thats what the forum is all about. We all had to start somewhere. I remember casting out into a headwind and finding my weight over the illuminations at Blackpool at the back of me.

Now thats what you call a prat! lol >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

chaz123

Post by chaz123 »

LOL well i aint dun that yet. just got back from hampton pier in herne bay but was soo windy.