Bass Lures

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
fishspirit

Bass Lures

Post by fishspirit »

Hi All,

can anyone tell me is they have used Bass lures, and what they used and how did you get on. cheers.

fairdooz

Post by fairdooz »

hey, started fishing lures for bass few years ago, and the sport it self just keeps getting better. bass will take a large variety of lures, but they are picky when it comes to having to remind them of a bait fish or sandeel, so sliver rapalas work great, as well as any surface poppers along rock areas. does take some practise tho to get the action just right, search for technique called 'walking the dog'. but, when all else fails theres one lure which always produces, whether your from rocks, beach, groynes etc and thats a Dexter Wedge, theyve got some great weight to em and their incredible simple to work. Good luck!

Seaspray
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Seaspray »

You will not beat the "Maria Chase" lures available on mail order from "Veals" the best is the hologram one, look up their selection in their online catalogue

fishspirit

Post by fishspirit »

Hi All,

I went mackerel fishing last Wednesday off Hampton pier near Herne Bay at about 4am onwards and caught loads. And one was so big that the old hands there were shocked. So I felt well chuffed and it tasted great.

I then went to Whistable beach when the tide went out as I was told by some locals that was the best time to catch bass. To I walked out some distance and chucked out a sand ell lure. There were fish (big ones) jumping all around me, quite eerie. I was out for about 30 minutes and the tide was already coming back in and the water was up to my knees. Can anybody confirm this is the way to do it? I have bought some lures that have been recommended above. And will be going back to Whistable on Wednesday for two weeks and am aiming to get some real fishing time in.

Thanks for help guys. ;)

wijonty

bass

Post by wijonty »

the bass up north west have been taking shrimp lures on a trace if you can get amonge them keep lead on bottom an tight line so trace stands up good luck jonty B-) B-)