info on fishing Hastings

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
limpetboy
Occasional
Occasional

info on fishing Hastings

Post by limpetboy »

off there next week and would like to try a spot of fishing anything would help-thanks :-/

iwantbass

Post by iwantbass »

There is an Angling club up by the fishing boats. Its right next to a car park up near the life boat station. There are always people in there. Not fished there in a while myself.

There is a cafe which is attached to a small amusement arcade. It is the last one before you get to the fishing boats. it is right behind it. It is either called the Hastings angling club or east sussex angling club. Oh and it has got a bar upstairs, just in case the weather is bad!!

limpetboy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by limpetboy »

thanks alot iwantbass shall cheek it out hope the weathers ok :D

disasterdave

Post by disasterdave »

try the harbour arm area, as its quite deep, or you can go along the marina area.

iwantbass

Post by iwantbass »

I normally fish Dungeness, but am starting to venture further, by taking a week in september on the gower, but I have never really thought of Brighton.
Are there any beaches there, that do not get too many people on them, but still have easy access.
Needs to be easy though as my dog is a nightmare on his lead!!

Let me know how you get on in Hastings. I'm only 45 mins from there, but I get put off by the number of people on the Beach. I'm not even sure what they catch there anymore. It's been that long!!

Good luck

sly123

Post by sly123 »

Re fishing Brighton beach's. Almost impossible on good weather days too many tourist's especially between the piers move to wards Hove lest people, also a lot of the beeches ban dogs and they enforce it.
Interested in fishing Hastings myself some time this year, lived their for a while can get very busy to but no where as bad as Brighton.

fairdooz

Post by fairdooz »

the beachs towards hove are great for bass in slightly rough weather, there full of gullies best bait is a peeler crab, which you just collect every low tide