Has anyone Fly fished...

Please feel free to add your Sea Fly Fishing, SWFFing related posts here.
Stiggler

Has anyone Fly fished...

Post by Stiggler »

Seaton? Heybrook Bay? Wembury? Millendreath? Larnacombe or Slapton? Prawle Point?

Moved to Plymouth end of last year and don't know anyone else who fishes so if anyone is into giving a bit of info or some local knowledge that would be great.
I'm focusssing on salt fly fishing this summer but if anyone can tell me if the above locations are good for not just fly fishing but fishing in general?
If anyone fancies a day out that would be good too, not in a dodgy way either!!
Cheers,
Rich

paastyman

Post by paastyman »

i went fly fishing caught a load of blue bottles

Plymouthangler

Post by Plymouthangler »

Hi mate

I have been SWFF for a year or 2 down here. got bored of standard sea fishing.
Used to live at wembury point so know the area well.
There rae 2 good marks out there, seasons on the rock point and to the right of the beach at wembury follow the costal path untill you reach the cove and then fish from the rocks.
I used to sea fish a lot but got bored of it so changed to fly and coarse fishing instaed these days.
Though i will be fishing wenbury next week at some point on fly if your interested?email me at

info@plymouthanglingclub.co.uk

tight lines

mike

Stiggler

Post by Stiggler »

Hi Mike,

that's great stuff mate, many thanks. I took the dog out to Wembury last week for a look and thought I would give it a go there myself, so its good to read what you put. I will drop you a line on your email address and maybe join you for a fish.
Thanks for replying,
Rich
Oh and pastyman, that Bluebottle joke...... hilarious 8O

leeman
Occasional
Occasional

Post by leeman »

I have not fly fished any of these marks but i have fished wembury, heybrook, and bovi a million times. I never found them to be too spectacular, it hink as they are so easy to get to everyone goes there, particularly Bovi which is well fished out.

Prawle has never let me down granted i have only fished it 4 times i always caught well here, always on the float. Slapton has never produced for me on the bottom but ironically i have caught large launce, gar and mackerel on the spin.

cheers

lee

Stiggler

Post by Stiggler »

Hi Lee, that's good to know mate, many thanks.
have done Slapton overnight on the bottom a few times in the pat couple of months and just caught Doggies but I reckon it will be great for Fly fishing so will give that a go, and if that fails get the spinners out.
Had some Bass off Rame last year before I moved down and keep meaning to go back so that's another one I'll try this summer.
Why are all the best marks so bloody hard to walk back from??? :evil:
Thanks for the feedback.

yiddal72

seaton

Post by yiddal72 »

hi mate i fished seaton at the end of feb,it was a bit rough 4 that fluff chucking lark....i had a couple of small bass,whiting and a eel pout! u should try the millpool in looe with fly gear or spinner...cheers mate and tight lines
:P

Stiggler

Post by Stiggler »

Nice one Yiddal, thanks mate. Looe is somewhere I definately want to try but don't know where.
I've had two boat trips cancelled out of Looe this past two months due to the weather so was begginning to think I was just not destined to fish from there!!
Is the Millpool near the Car Park?

yiddal72

looe

Post by yiddal72 »

aye mate park up near the slipway... i was talking to a old boy down there and says bass and mullet get caught down there!also if u can cast between the ropes wat moor the boats up near the boating lake there is flatties galore! my fav spot is off the white rock oppisite the banjo pier..ive had cracking pollock on floated rag!anyway if ur about im on holiday down there with the missus from 23rd june if ur up 4 a fishing sesssion?
:P

Stiggler

Post by Stiggler »

yeah sounds good mate. Its always better to fish somewhere new with someone else I reckon so it would be a pleasure.
I'm sure we'll have good reason to "chat" B4 then but we'll definately arrange a session when you are on yer hols.
Where you coming from?
Cheers,
Rich

yiddal72

Post by yiddal72 »

hi mate im coming from aldershot,also try whitsand bay near the hotel there is a harbour wall of sorts what looks good at low water! :P

Stiggler

Post by Stiggler »

awesome mate. Whiysand should be fantastic if the weather is good. Have to travel light though unless you fancy a hell of a heavy walk back. Its not that far, just up a lot of steps!!
My future wife's best friend and our year old god daughter live in Millbrook which is right next door so she can go and see them (never needs an excuse) and I can go fishing with you!!
Sounds like a plan to me....