mackeral bonaza

Please feel free to add your Sea Fly Fishing, SWFFing related posts here.
nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

mackeral bonaza

Post by nthendpompey »

went to fish the dark side last nite at chesil beach.after a hour of being on the beach ,bait rods showing no signs of life,macky blitz chasing white bait on to the shore.out with the fly rod,took 20+ on the fly ,with the locals bemused at this weird fluff chucker out catching them,the fly stays in the zone longer than fethers with a lead.4 of them macky was over the pound mark ,and are ready for the tonites barbie
mick

Yakdiver
Regular
Regular

Post by Yakdiver »

wow well done

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

you couldnt go wrong.could have caught on a crab line.looking for the bigger swirls and hopefully getting the bigger fish was the hard bit.debarb all my hooks so just shake the mackie off.keep the bigger ones .you would be surprised how hard a small macky fights,compared to bass of same size.
mullet different subject as ive found out. :)

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

Well in mick read your text great stuff m8y speak soon and arrange a trip out.

:D :D :D :D :D

DAZ

Matchstick

Post by Matchstick »

We had some good fun with mackeral on very light plugging gear last weekend at Pagham. Shows you don't need to whack out a string of feathers and a 4oz lead to catch a lot of mackeral especially when they are in so close

smallfry
Occasional
Occasional

Post by smallfry »

Was it clear or coloured water? Was wondering how they find your fly when its coloured? Well done on the fish to. Lol

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

smallfry,it was gin clear water mate,you could clearly see them about ten feet out..

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Well done mick, glad you had a good time. I went out 7 times on holiday, not a nibble. might get out saturday, they should be in at scabby filey etc. trouble is macky are no sport, ive caught them with tin foil, By the way, holiday was a bit of a disaster, i was ill all the time, had to come home to see a Dr, 5 days early. Cheers..Mick

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

manic_muppet wrote:Well done mick, glad you had a good time. I went out 7 times on holiday, not a nibble. might get out saturday, they should be in at scabby filey etc. trouble is macky are no sport, ive caught them with tin foil, By the way, holiday was a bit of a disaster, i was ill all the time, had to come home to see a Dr, 5 days early. Cheers..Mick
get a1lb macky on a fly rod and youve got sport mick.sorry to hear you had to cut short your holiday mate,just good to hear you are still getting out.still a bit of fight left in you mick.