Early Bass and Mullet

Please feel free to add your Sea Fly Fishing, SWFFing related posts here.
ballthebuilder
Occasional
Occasional

Early Bass and Mullet

Post by ballthebuilder »

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

i suppose that answers my question on the previous topic ,well done dave.
mick.

MulletFly
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by MulletFly »

Nice going Dave. Sounds like the perfect morning.
Some nice tides coming up.
After I saw you last on the Tuesday, I caught two ghosts the following day and another the day after, in the pitch dark. I was almost standing on the blighters as they came in to feed in water only a few inches deep. Strange experience playing a mullet in darkness. It almost ran aground at high speed a couple of times. All fish caught on that same fly.

ballthebuilder
Occasional
Occasional

Post by ballthebuilder »

MulletFly wrote:Nice going Dave. Sounds like the perfect morning.
Some nice tides coming up.
After I saw you last on the Tuesday, I caught two ghosts the following day and another the day after, in the pitch dark. I was almost standing on the blighters as they came in to feed in water only a few inches deep. Strange experience playing a mullet in darkness. It almost ran aground at high speed a couple of times. All fish caught on that same fly.
Same with me this morning Col, the bass were nearly under the rod tip. Amazing how close you can get when you take care and they don't know you're there.

As for flies, I had the one I landed on that copper wire Sawyers PTN that I showed you. I got one of the ones I lost on a similar fly to your's, on the top dropper. I tied it on a Kamasan B110 grub hook in 12's & 14's, look's like an olive buzzer without the thorax.