gurgler attack this morning.

Please feel free to add your Sea Fly Fishing, SWFFing related posts here.
nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

gurgler attack this morning.

Post by nthendpompey »

went to a spot over hayling this morning.arrived at 5.30 to the sound of terns /gulls working hard .bass blitzing all over the place.put on my floating line with 8ft of mono and tied on a size 1 white gurgler with dolls eyes,as soon as the fly had hit the water the bass were all over it.in a 2hr spell last count of the bass hooked,all around the pound mark.after they had demolished my gurgler,retied a new one,differant style of gurgler,but no takers ,just playing with the fly.at this moment two inflatables each with a china man in ,turned up hurling mackeral feathers everywhere,then the arrival of the local seal.called it a day after that,just had a few casts at a mackeral shoal on the way back to the car.not bad morning,and great sport on the gurgler.
mick.

ballthebuilder
Occasional
Occasional

Post by ballthebuilder »

Nice one Mick......I was out at a different mark to you at 4am, still pitch black, it was alive with fish.

Cheers Dave

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

may give it another go tomorrow with some newly tied gurglers.,hope you managed to land a few this morning dave.
mick.

MulletFly
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by MulletFly »

Well done Mick. The early bird gets the Bass. Good fun on the gurgler I'll bet.

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

flat sea colin,ideal .you get to see how bass attack the fry/sandeels as they knock the fly around before atcually taking it.
mick.

MulletFly
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by MulletFly »

I know what you mean Mick. I was in a boat with Simon yesterday and you could see the bass running side by side with the fly before trying to 'gill-plate' it or peeling off upon seeing the boat. I guess that they have to use such tactics considering their lack of teeth!