monday 13th withernsea

Please feel free to add your Kayak fishing related posts here.
slipperyeel
Regular
Regular

monday 13th withernsea

Post by slipperyeel » Thu May 17, 2012 1:34 pm

Bit late of a report but after sorting things out with mally to come to withernsea for a bash, the wind was not so nice and traffic was not in mallys favor so thought i would head out see what it was like got out there quick enough anchored up dropped some bluey down hooked into a whiting then a fair few crabs had a doggy and by now the sea was not so nice, swells coming in from a north direction wind getting worse while i was out there so though that's my limit time to head in.

So pulled in the anchor by the time i had put it out the way i had blown further out so began my paddle back to launch site which still wasn't to far about half the distance i was out last time but took me a good 20-25 mins to get in, beached then text mally saying it was not very good with the wind so sat down for a few to take a breather then packed everything up ready for the horrid walk home ;)

was nice and clam for landing and beaching just the swells from the wind further out was hard going.

I think it will be cracking fishing if that wind dies off this week and swells don't get to big.

Trip number 4 under the belt ;D

Looks nice in the pic but boy was it windy in the end