Southend on sea Sun 26th June

Please feel free to add your Kayak fishing related posts here.
MickMull

Southend on sea Sun 26th June

Post by MickMull » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Dug some nice rag yesterday to accompany the squid & mackeral that I had in the freezer. Got up at 4 O'C this morning & started to paddle out towards the end of Southend Pier at 5. Went a few hundred yards past, on the westcliff side & dropped anchor. Sat there till a couple of hours after HW & not so much as a bite, repeat performance of my last trip out off the Mullberry a couple of weeks ago.
The only thing of interest was a porpoise swimming around me, took a photo of him, but looks like one of those dodgy Loch Ness monster pics.
I really need to find a better fishing spot to paddle out to.

seaweed

Post by seaweed » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:16 pm

Got up at 4 O'C this morning & started to paddle out towards the end of Southend Pier at 5.
That is one reason why i didn''t go out on mine, wasn't feeling to good saturday so had no chance getting up that early today. I did see you paddling back this morning as i was down on my bike.
I was on the slip way tonight and had a word with the blokes coming back in from a 12 hour fishing session out by the wind farm and that sort of area. Seems to be a mixed bag of loads of diffrent species of fish caught but not too much of any real size. I was going to go out on mine to nite for a couple of hours but glad i didn't because that BLOODY wind kicked up again from the east.

Seaweed...............

MickMull

Post by MickMull » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:55 pm

seaweed wrote:I was going to go out on mine to nite for a couple of hours but glad i didn't because that BLOODY wind kicked up again from the east.

Seaweed...............
Forecast is looking good for this weekend, but would you Adam & Eve it, I'm working Thurs - Sun :-(