Kayak fish report - Dover area

Please feel free to add your Kayak fishing related posts here.
KayakDan

Kayak fish report - Dover area

Post by KayakDan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Caught 10 Bass in two days fishing last week near Dover. Biggest was about 6lb others ranged from 1.5lb to 3.5lb. The large ones werent touching the plugs so tried mackerel fillet on float drifting 20 or so yards from the shore, this worked well although its a waiting game. Fished about 7ft on float. Caught the mackerel about 1km out to sea, they werent close in. Its very hit and miss with mackerel this year, if they are there they are everywhere, if not its like a dessert. All Bass were returned for another day. The double figure Bass is approaching...

Hebby09

Post by Hebby09 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:28 pm

Looks like you had a good session there mate and some nice fish. :)

rubberman

Post by rubberman » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:16 am

Hi Kayakdan.
I'm not trying to steal any secrets, but where 'near Dover' did you launch from? I would like change of scenery, all my fishing has been in the Hythe/ Romney Marsh area this year. Cheers, Steve.

KayakDan

Post by KayakDan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:33 pm

Loads of places, do some research!

gidimille

Post by gidimille » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:09 pm

I am not getting this

I have trolled throught quite a few threads and each time a question about where is the best place to launch your kayak from or where is the best place to catch or what sgin do you look for in order to land some big bass all you lot develope sloppy shoulders

what is the point of a forum if new beginer can not be pointed in the right direction

crazymex

Post by crazymex » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:03 am

good catches mate,,,,,

nitra

Post by nitra » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:40 pm

gidimille wrote:I am not getting this

I have trolled throught quite a few threads and each time a question about where is the best place to launch your kayak from or where is the best place to catch or what sgin do you look for in order to land some big bass all you lot develope sloppy shoulders

what is the point of a forum if new beginer can not be pointed in the right direction
its sad i know,but it happens quite alot.

and rubberman i heard some good reports off good bass behind the old toll rd.This is to all,my neigbour fishes for bass as a relgion,from the shore.Hes said hes had 14 bass biggest was 10lb,from the back of the toll rd,ive just spoken to him.Thats 3 seshions