what and where to buy

Please feel free to add your Kayak fishing related posts here.
pompeyjoe
Regular
Regular

what and where to buy

Post by pompeyjoe » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:58 pm

what and where to buy etc ?

Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Judgegeoff » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:29 pm

Hi Joe, My advice would be to talk to experienced yak anglers before making any purchase. They will be able to give you good advice as to what to start with and will probably offer to accompany you out until you have some experience. My local sea angling club (in Kent) has several yak anglers and they are always ready to share their knowledge.

I would love to fish from a kayak but, at 70 and with spinal column damage, it is now sadly out of my ability. But I wish you all the best with your kayak.

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:39 am

I would tend to agree with the Judge and I would also make a little list of the criteria which I would want a kayak to fit for my purposes. My daughter owns a small one which was quite cheap but in no way does it have the characteristics which would suit me for angling - no where to store fish caught or anywhere to securely fix a rod for example.

pompeyjoe
Regular
Regular

Post by pompeyjoe » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:52 pm

Thank you all for your replies and advice, I will check out the other forum thanks and carry on researching before I buy, as obviously initial set up wont be cheap and I need to make sure I'm happy and safe.

Thanks again

Joe :)

petethehatch
Occasional
Occasional

Post by petethehatch » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:44 pm

pompeyjoe wrote:Thank you all for your replies and advice, I will check out the other forum thanks and carry on researching before I buy, as obviously initial set up wont be cheap and I need to make sure I'm happy and safe.

Thanks again

Joe :)
Milton market theres a shop there sells loads of stuff for boats and kayak sells too

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:47 am

There is a yak and board shop on Hayling too if you don't want to go to N Milton and there is this: http://www.portsmouth-canoe-club.org/