newquay easter week report (pics)

anything South West sea fishing related here
smallfry
Occasional
Occasional

newquay easter week report (pics)

Post by smallfry » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:24 pm

Hi all
Just got back from a great week away the weather was amazing :D sun and blue skies all week I managed a couple of evenings fishing on pentire head. Where the rocks slope into the sea, I didn't take much tackle just a 9ft telescopic pike spinning rod. First evening I had a wlk down and found a small cove. I was spinning there with different lures and jelly worms for about an hour and a half when a guy who'd been fishing further along the head came up and had a chat he'd caught a few wrasse using mackerel and sand eel, he then said he'd caught enough and was going and asked if I wanted what was left of his bait as he was traveling home the next day, so I broke out the sea float and tried that way but to no avail :( . then I tried again on Thursday evening but this time I'd managed to get some fresh lug and spoke to the guy in the tackle shop who told me I was a bit early for the bass and Pollock but a couple of plaice had been caught. So I tried on the rocks near the river mouth with a 2 hook flapper. About an hour before high there was a slight pull on the rod which resulted in a small plaice, after that it was crab after crab :( . I took a few pics of where I fished and the ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cheers ian

Phillb
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Phillb » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:35 pm

Looks like a nice spot mate, was that Newquay Wales or Cornwall.

Cheers
Phil

smallfry
Occasional
Occasional

Post by smallfry » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:38 pm

It newquay in Cornwall mate. I had a look on google maps before I went and noticed pentire head in between newquay and crantock there's a carpark on the top a it's a short walk down to the sea. There is a small river that flows down to the sea that floods when the tide comes in.
Cheers ian