burnham on sea

anything South West sea fishing related here
fitzy

burnham on sea

Post by fitzy » Tue May 22, 2012 10:23 am

hi, i'm off to burnham on sea in a couple of weeks, can anyone give me any advice on where the best places are to fish.
cheers
jim

waverider14
Regular
Regular

Post by waverider14 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:05 pm

Hello mate
Fished this a couple of times, we fished just in front of what looks like a watch tower we parked in a side street (sorry cant remember the name)

Advice on this mark its very muddy! and the tides are fast you chase it out and retreat quickly in! lol a lot of moving your kit. watch the tide as it comes in behind you.

Some good conger been had from here mate using mackerel and squid.

Hope that helps some.

I'm sure if ive missed anything or got it wrong I will be corrected...

tight lines buddy.

Jay

fitzy

Post by fitzy » Tue May 29, 2012 9:13 am

cheers jay,
thanks for the advice. this there anywhere up or down the coast a bit that is better to fish because i'll have the wife with me.
cheers
jim

markemark
Occasional
Occasional

Post by markemark » Thu May 31, 2012 7:02 pm

Hi Jim,

You could try Berrow beach (Brean) which is just up the road from Burnham. Its all sand and you can park on the beach but watch the tide as it comes right up on big tides and many a car have been for swim. The gate also closes early evening but i dont know what time. I always drive right through Brean till i get to the private caravans and there is a car park there that is right next to beach. A range of fish can be caught, cod. rays, conger and lots of bass showing at the minute. As previously said though, the tide moves quickly so travel light and fish 2.5 up and 1.5 down to get the best of the tide. Huge lug beds at low water as well but dont go out too far as there is a lot of sinking mud, but you cant miss it.

Good luck

Mark

fitzy

Post by fitzy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:53 pm

thanks for that mark, i'll give it a try there.
cheers
jim