New to Plymouth area

anything South West sea fishing related here
waverider14
Regular
Regular

New to Plymouth area

Post by waverider14 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Hello one and all
Ive just moved to Plymouth area and I'm after where to fish, best times best baits that sort of thing and what can I expect to catch around this area?

Any help is much apprieciated

Thanks

Jay..

waverider14
Regular
Regular

Post by waverider14 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:12 pm

all this water around Plymouth and no one else fishes?.......great more for me then!!!!

woody83

Post by woody83 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:03 pm

hi waverider, heard theres a bit of fighting goes on in plymouth over fishing marks ,might be best asking at the tackle shops , i know elphinstone car park just south of barbican is a popular mark can get busy though ,not fished there yet hoping to have a go next time i visit my daughter

waverider14
Regular
Regular

Post by waverider14 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:32 am

Hello
well i am starting to find places to fish just by trial and error
I have fished west hoe pier and mountbatten and also ventured out to fish Hopes nose.

Only had success at hopes nose so far with more mackerel than i could count and I had 4 wrasse 2 ballen and 2 corkwing.

I am really after a pollock if anyone can point me in the right direction then i would be most gratefull

Thank you.

Jay.

illustriousgreen

Pollock

Post by illustriousgreen » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:11 pm

You cna get small pollock at near every plymouth mark if you bait with mackeral and rag cocktails, id float them deep anywhere on the tamar, but you'll rarely get anything over 2lb, mount batton pier is great for both pollock and wrasse in the summer months once again id float with your bait really deep in the water. Tackle losses around this area are unforgiving so id learn to fish very light and cheap, freelining and usung corks and matchsticks are good ideas