chesil beach

anything South West sea fishing related here
baitmantrev

chesil beach

Post by baitmantrev » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:35 pm

hi guys can any one please give me some advice on were to fish on chesil beach an what rigs to use ..... an is there any were a disable person could fish baitmantrev

markemark
Occasional
Occasional

Post by markemark » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi mate,

Your best bet would probably be Abbotsbury, easy parking and a wooden walkway onto the beach and straight down to the sea. Depending on level of dissability because the sgingle can be hard going and the from the sea back up can be quite steep at times.

Rigs i would use this time of year would be 2 or 3 hook clipped down (for whiting) depending how far i wanted to cast. There are still a few codling about but few and far beween so dont bother trying for them is my oppinion.

You could go further west to West Bexington and fish in front of the car park but its not as deep there.

Good luck

baitmantrev

hi

Post by baitmantrev » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:30 pm

hi mate thank you for the advise not going till june.. but will keep this for future refrence...........trev

SimonV
Occasional
Occasional

Post by SimonV » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Sorry to but in on this thread but saves me starting another.... I know feb is a tough month but thinking of heading down there, either begining or end of month for my first go at Chesil, Any ideas on where i should head? Thanks in advance