Fishing in Rock, Cornwall

anything South West sea fishing related here
sambo91

Fishing in Rock, Cornwall

Post by sambo91 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Alright there,

Im taking my dad down to Rock, Cornwall in October and havent fished the area. Does anyone know of any good marks, baits, species so that I can be prepared for the trip. Cheers

sambo

fosma
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fosma » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi Sambo,

thats oh the camel estury. Fished it from the other side (Padstow) a few weeks ago.

The estury is a good bass mark right the way through. Fish the channels with lures or peeler and you should nail a few.
Trevose Head round from Padstow, (bit of a drive) is well worth a look but be blumin careful. If you walk above the lighthouse there's a small path that leads you to a rock platform. Very scarey fishing as you feel like you're stuck half way down a cliff. Great for Wrasse, pollock, Rays and Turbot.
You've also got Port Issac not far away that has a outer harbour wall that looked interesting.

Hope this helps.

Matt

sambo91

Post by sambo91 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:01 pm

Top man matt,Me and my old man can take venture up there, but he's getting on bait now and likes a leisurely shore fishing session so a shore mark would be class.. I imagine If i fished the beach opposite padstow in rock I should do all right there. Im fishing in October