Torpoint info

anything South West sea fishing related here
markemark
Occasional
Occasional

Torpoint info

Post by markemark » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi all from the SW,

I am down at HMS Raleigh in a couple of weeks for a weeks work and was hopeing on some info as i have never been there before and was hoping to get out for a couple of sessions. Any info appreciated, locations, baits, rigs etc.

Thanks in anticipation

Mark

PlymouthTaff

Post by PlymouthTaff » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:18 am

Hi Mark

You'll be basically on the River Tamar which is fishing as good as anywhere at the moment. If you come over to the Plymouth side, just to the right of the Torpoing Ferry is a spot called Pottery Quay, its a piece of wasteland that you can just walk on to - you wont go far wrong there. You can catch most things off there including Bass, Ray and they are still catching some codling! normal baits.

There are a few bait shops in Plymouth but try Toms in St budeaux he and his staff are helpful and will point you in the right direction. If you find yourself at a loose end give me a pm on this site and I'll see if Im around for a session.

Cheers

Taff (Ex - Matelot!)

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:48 pm

if the fishing is good may have to come down do a bit of fishing and vist my lad .he is at raleigh doing a training as a chef
happy days

markemark
Occasional
Occasional

Post by markemark » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:42 am

Cheers for the replies guys. Will definately get out for a session or two. I was down visiting Raleigh on Wednesday and saw a couple of blokes looking for crabs i think so must be some peelers around there. Looking forward to it.

Taff i will not have a computer to sent you a PM mate so keep your eyes open for me on the shore and come over for a chat, i'm a bald geordie so not too hard to miss!

Thanks again guys