West Bex 03/03/11

anything South West sea fishing related here
stevemartin67
Occasional
Occasional

West Bex 03/03/11

Post by stevemartin67 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Hello everyone

Decided take the afternoon away from work and do a spot of fishing down west bex,stopped of in weymouth to go to the tackle shop only to find out that he shut up shop sometime last year and the shop was a second hand shop now.however he the owner did say that there was a new shop opening up a 100 yards up the hill so i popped over there to find out that he wasnt officialy open untill the weekend.The owner was very helpfull and helped me out with a couple of packs of frozen squid and a pack pf mackeral and was gratefull when he didnt take payment for it dont know if he on this forum but if he is i would like to say a big thank you again and will drop in again when fishing the area and good luck with your shop when it opens.

Anyway i then headed down to west bex and fished just in front of the car park had a few bites but didnt conect then after an hour had a couple of dogfish on mackeral there was a young lad of to my left he had a few pout and did see somone of to my right with a couple of doggys.

steve

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:47 am

Cheers for the report m8, and well done on not blanking ;)

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:39 am

Looks like the new shop owner has got the right attitude and I wish him well for the future.
With an attitude like that he deserves to do well and will soon build up a regular clientele.
Cheers
Keith :D :D

stewie2
Occasional
Occasional

Post by stewie2 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Well done on the Doggies :),

Is there anywehre you can advise Exmouth Way as im there begining of april any help would be great :)

Thanks

Stewie :)

AndyH
Occasional
Occasional

Post by AndyH » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi Steve,
Can you name the new shop as I travel Weymouth quite a lot and I am interested to find out where it is,

Cheers,
Andy

Monkeyhanger

West Bexington

Post by Monkeyhanger » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi Steve,
Interesting to read your post.I have fished there a few times mostly mackerel in the summer months.If I cant get in front of the car park I find the walking on the pebbles too much as I am disabled.I am staying in my caravan at Bridport end of this week for a couple of weeks.Can you recommend any easy access ( pier/quay) spots.
Cheers mate