Bass fishing

anything South West sea fishing related here
BigFootSam

Bass fishing

Post by BigFootSam » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi all,

After many frustrating years of Bass fishing, catching very little, i am finaly getting more confident and catching fish. There are three reasons for this confidence. Firstly, i brought a sea fishing kayak. This means that I can fish more and better locations, tides dont seem to matter, and you can troll and cast, covering more water. You do have to be careful in choppy seas but the good thing is that you never have to go out more than 50m. The key is to make sure your kayak is light enough to lift on and of the car. Mine is a Nomad feelfree. The second reason I am catching fish is, I have found a lure that works. The lure is a Rapala Husky Jerk HJ14FT Fire Tiger. I fish with two rods and every time they go for this. They will dive up to 8 foot but because they float you can control the dive over snaggy marks. I recomend you put one in your tackle box. Finaly I have found a realy good spot to fish at Lyme Regis.

Enjoy your fishing

Sam.

scads01

Post by scads01 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:55 pm

i catch loads of pollack. where is the best place to fish in, stives/cornwall?

what bait?

scads01

Post by scads01 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:58 pm

i cant seem to catch much bass! st ives/cornwall. any good spots? or tips?

:)

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bass fishing

Post by flattiefanatic » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:29 pm

BigFootSam wrote:Hi all,

After many frustrating years of Bass fishing, catching very little, i am finaly getting more confident and catching fish. There are three reasons for this confidence. Firstly, i brought a sea fishing kayak. This means that I can fish more and better locations, tides dont seem to matter, and you can troll and cast, covering more water. You do have to be careful in choppy seas but the good thing is that you never have to go out more than 50m. The key is to make sure your kayak is light enough to lift on and of the car. Mine is a Nomad feelfree. The second reason I am catching fish is, I have found a lure that works. The lure is a Rapala Husky Jerk HJ14FT Fire Tiger. I fish with two rods and every time they go for this. They will dive up to 8 foot but because they float you can control the dive over snaggy marks. I recomend you put one in your tackle box. Finaly I have found a realy good spot to fish at Lyme Regis.

Enjoy your fishing

Sam.
Keep us posted on your yak adventures m8, sounds like you have a cracking area to start :)