Slapton Fishing ruined by my Dog. (report)

anything South West sea fishing related here
diceman

Slapton Fishing ruined by my Dog. (report)

Post by diceman » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:55 am

Decided I'd head off to blackpool Sands last night as I've heard there have been a few Bass caught there recently. The misses decides it's a nice evening and wants to come to the beach for a few hours. Great nice relaxing evening with a line out sharing out the thermous, fine. Except as we're about to leave she wants to bring the dog, no Blackpool Sands for me then, but I say ok we'll head to Slapton so long as she watches her. Anyhoo manage to get a line out with a mackeral and squid cocktail on it and decide to do a bit of spinning for mackeral with a wedge. The next two hours were spent with the dog barking at the rod, tripping me up, interfering with casts and getting caught up in the baited line. Did the misses do anything to help? did she heck. With my plans of a pleasant, relaxing, evening at the beach well and truely scuppered by both the women in my life I packed up early went to get a cup of tea before heading home and the cheeking so and so had had the full flask. Needless to say niether the dog or the misses will be invited back.
On the bright side I did get a couple of Mackeral for tonights tea which given the adverse conditions I was facing consider something of an achievment.

joliroger

Post by joliroger » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:58 am

If I were you 'row' the Missus and the Dog out and have the Mackeral to myself................................that will teach e'm ................JOLI

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:47 pm

;) :D a good woman and mans best friend not when fishing is involved ;) :D especily both together you should get a medal for trying it
steve

diceman

Post by diceman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:13 am

I had the miss guided belief that with enough treats in my pocket I could start to train the dog to behave while i'm casting etc. No such luck but worth a try.