fishing from berry head

anything South West sea fishing related here
paulthepike

fishing from berry head

Post by paulthepike » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:43 am

hi has any one out ther been fishing at berry head lately i heard that they have put a lock on the car park gate so you can`t park down the bottom is this true due to an ill`ness i can`t walk as far as i used to many thanks :D

diceman

Post by diceman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:46 am

I think that gate has been kept locked for quite a while. I'm not sure the procedure for getting it opened would be but as it's disabled parking down there the must be able to open it up. Failing that i've got a set of bolt croppers you could borrow ;)

forestoke

Re: fishing from berry head

Post by forestoke » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:50 am

paulthepike wrote:hi has any one out ther been fishing at berry head lately i heard that they have put a lock on the car park gate so you can`t park down the bottom is this true due to an ill`ness i can`t walk as far as i used to many thanks :D
i go occasionally with a friend of mine that has the disabled access permission, he gets it from the national trust , i think. Its to stop too many joy rider cars damage at night and leapers off the cliffs in cars, but they just walk now, then jump.... women.... finances !!! zzzesh

Bolt cutters would be a waste of time beyond legality of course as it is a whopper of a steel pole that comes up out of the ground like a tardis landing in reverse, dont stay on it to long if you get a pass it may launch you into outer space , not to mention the thundering great hole in your motor.

Happy fishing.... mackerel have been on and off this last month...