Easy-access shore fishing

anything South West sea fishing related here
pav1

Easy-access shore fishing

Post by pav1 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:59 pm

I'm returning to sea fishing after a longish break - the major difference between then and now however isn't one just of skill - I'm now disabled though still mobile to a degree.

I wonder if anyone is able to recommend accessible - and also good fishing areas in South West England?

Beaches, rocks etc., I'm only really limited by needing to park close by rather than trek miles - a no no sadly.

Many thanks

pav

diceman

Post by diceman » Tue May 18, 2010 11:29 am

Not sure whereabouts your thinking of or what you can manage but if your in south devon you could checkout Brixham Breakwater or Berry Head head (also at Brixham) has a disabled car park down by the 'platform'. Slapton has good parking straight onto the beach as does Blackpool Sands. princess pier in Torquay is accessible and also fishes well (a lot of Squid getting caught at the moment) and even fishing from the harbour in Dartmouth is worth a shot. For Bass you could try teignmouth. You can find lots of information available on these marks over the internet. Hope this helps

pav1

Post by pav1 » Tue May 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Thanks for your reply - really helpful and just the kind of info I need - For info, I live in the West Midlands and can travel widely - and I know the areas you've mentioned.

Cornwall anyone?

pav1

kirk

Post by kirk » Fri May 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Hope I can recall the name, think it is Trevone in N Cornwall. Down a bit from Padstow.

As I recall there is a large parking area with a decent sandy bay, but along the path, away from Travone, is a bay that is flat rock at low tide, covered at high tide.

Mention it as there are wooden seats along the path. So you could get to one and basically commander it, and fish from it. They are close to the sea edge.

Think that you may be able to drive some distance along the path, access to homes along it, but not sure about how far nor the availability of somewhere to turn.

Just hope I have the right place.

Paulo774

Post by Paulo774 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:44 pm

If you're looking to fish Chesil in Dorset, West Bexington is quite accessible. The car park has disable spaces but if you use the ones to the far left then it's about a 20-30yard walk over the beach to the shoreline.

Hope this helps.

Tight Lines!

P.

pav1

Post by pav1 » Sat May 22, 2010 7:09 am

Again thanks for the, helpful, replies. The area around Padstow is not one I know although my daughter lives near Newquay - so half-term will see me looking that mark up. Chesil is one of my favourite places - although I wasn't fishing last time I was there - anyone got any thoughts about Portland?

Pav