Brummie loose in Plymouth

anything South West sea fishing related here
brummie

Brummie loose in Plymouth

Post by brummie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi,
Been in Plymouth for a while attempting occasionally to try sea fishing but have learned that lobbing a bit of mackerel out on a lump of lead doesnt equal dinner..
Just received a greys bze 3-5 oz & penn 525 as a present. really want to be able to use them properly so basically what I'm asking is for a little tuition for free/cheap (student=empty wallet)..casting and general fishing technique..
any offers of hooking up for a days fishing around my studies would be good.

BTW. I'm studying photography so can possibly do a bit of work as payment....no weddings please!!!

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Do the weddings brummie, i did them for over ten years, they're the quickest way to the nuthouse or a heart attack. :D :D :D good luck with the fishing, hope someone offers a bit of help. Cheers..Mick

TrulyMadlyDeeply

Post by TrulyMadlyDeeply » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:40 am

Hi Brummie and welcome to Plymouth.

We all have to learn and I'm sure even the most experienced will admit they still are!!

My good lady and I are both keen anglers and venture out to quite a few of the marks in the Plymouth area and beyond, furthest we've ventured so far is Chesil which is about 100 miles. We mainly fish at night so hot coffee flask, food a must.

We are still learning ourselves but if dates co-incide will be happy to have you along. Will pm you our next outing which will most probably be next week.

All the best

Phil

brummie

fishing trip

Post by brummie » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:16 am

I've pm'd you Phil..sounds great!