boat trip report Weymouth 16/02/10

anything South West sea fishing related here
nicksby

boat trip report Weymouth 16/02/10

Post by nicksby »

We thought it was going to be called off due to weather reports end of last week but managed to get out as the reports were wrong AGAIN! some light rain from time to time and low winds, we couldnt get out to the far wrecks due to swells etc. a poor days fishing which only brought in about 8 small whiting and 2 doggies from 7 rods. Any advice on picking the right conditions as me and my mates think we are cursed as we chose Weymouth because our local fishing in south wales is absolutely pants!

breamer

Post by breamer »

the offshore wrecks hav been fishing ok for big pollack inshore whiting patcy to say the least if u want try a good boat look up True Blue from poole nice bg cat with plenty of room will take individuals aswell if want try him then give steve porter a call plenty cups tea and well equipped boat this month bit hit and miss everywhere i think but the summer species should be arriving soon i hope as the weather oicks up a bit ok . U dint mention the boat u went on from weymouth mate Tight lines :D

nicksby

Post by nicksby »

We went out on the Duchess II, nothing but praise to the skipper Jeff for trying about 6-7 different spots, the fish were there but just wasn't feeding!