tips for fishing bristol channel

anything South West sea fishing related here
RedDel

tips for fishing bristol channel

Post by RedDel » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:21 pm

hello fellow anglers.i live close to bristol channel and new to sea angling.can anyone give me any info on best places to fish,what rigs,bait to use.[would like to catch some cod lol ].i live about twenty minutesdrive from severn beach so might try there.any advice would help .

thanks. red del :D

breamer

Post by breamer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:06 pm

take a look at the veals website plenty marks on there to fish with directions and tips :)

RedDel

Post by RedDel » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:51 pm

thanks for advice looked on website .very good info.just got to go out and try to catch something now. :D

Brianred

Post by Brianred » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:17 pm

Del, Join the queue on the lookout for cod :( loads of 6inch minnows, but fishing poor.
With you living near severn beach you need a good spring to fish from the wall. Worm baits with pulley rigs, or whole squid with fingers crossed.
On the high tides, you should find others fishing who will help.
Living near Clevedon you could always join the pier, where you get most of your questions answered.

ps. using the name red, does that mean you follow City?

Tightlines

RedDel

Post by RedDel » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:29 pm

yes brianred starting supporting city in 1969 when my old man took first took me down the gate. good times bad times still going down.just wish wewould stop conceding late goals.still will be down there on monday against watford. :D

spunky

Post by spunky » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:51 pm

hello del im in the same boat me and my mate both based in yate have come from carp fishing, my mate has had a few experiences beach casting, im yet to even buy my kit yet im selling some stuff on rip bay to fund it .......good luck mate hope you catch some fat cod ;)

Brianred

Post by Brianred » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:00 pm

RedDel wrote:yes brianred starting supporting city in 1969 when my old man took first took me down the gate. good times bad times still going down.just wish wewould stop conceding late goals.still will be down there on monday against watford. :D
Good man Del, i've been going down since around 1969, so we both have seen the rough with some smooth. When GJ gets it right (hoping) with his formations we might be a bit more consistant ;)
Anyway mate, wishing you and all other fishermen a happy christmas & New Year with tight lines.

Brian

Brianred

Re: tips for fishing bristol channel

Post by Brianred » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:07 pm

[quote="RedDel"]hello fellow anglers.i live close to bristol channel and new to sea angling.can anyone give me any info on best places to fish,what rigs,bait to use.[would like to catch some cod lol ].i live about twenty minutesdrive from severn beach so might try there.any advice would help .

Hi Del, just to let you know that a 21lb cod was caught off Clevedon pier last night by my mate Mike.
You can see the pictures of it on veals web sight.
So lets hope this is the start of many more insize

thanks. red del :D[/quote :)