devon marks

anything South West sea fishing related here
shooter2000

devon marks

Post by shooter2000 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Does anyone fish marks from chesil down the jurasic coast?? looking to find some reports on dorset and devon beaches, lyme regus seaton beer ETC any one????

TrulyMadlyDeeply

Post by TrulyMadlyDeeply » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:43 am

Hi Shooter, A lot depends on what sort of fishing you wish to do and what species you are targeting.

From the rocks, Hopes Nose in Torquay is always a good bet. Dependent on which area you go to on the Nose depends on what you can catch. It is split into 3 main areas, Mackerel Point, where surprise surprise you can catch Mackie and Garfish. High Point produces Wrasse, Rockling and Huss whilst Sandy Point can produce Wrasse and Conger.

Further down the coast at Noss Mayo you can fish of the rocks for Wrasse, Pollack and Bull Huss.

Beach fishing at Slapton, Beesands and Whitsand Bay was good but sadly the Bass have been trawled up and not a lot seems to be about.

Let me know if you want any further info/directions. Tight Lines. Phil

shooter2000

Post by shooter2000 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:46 pm

TrulyMadlyDeeply thanks might try them one day soon, sounds good to me, i will pm you soon for some directions,

anyone else fish further up seaton lyme regus etc

kirk

Post by kirk » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:58 pm

Have a look at http://www.anglingcentre.net
It's the Devon Angling Centre web page if I recall.
They have a link for rock and beach marks, and a very simple map.

Alternative is about 2 hours on google earth and see what you can find by switching between map and satellite. >:) >:) >:)

nath160

Post by nath160 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:01 pm

plenty of devon marks (quite a few with guides attached) on this interactive map mate

you have to log in to see this and all the other maps and guides, but its quick and easy to do so bud, and totally free, of course ;)

sharing these link is way easier than trying to write it all again here! lol