fishing in plymouth area

anything South West sea fishing related here
RedDel

fishing in plymouth area

Post by RedDel » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:20 pm

hi fellow anglers

new forum user and new to sea angling.going down plymouth for a few days.wonderd if anybody new any goodmarks andtackle shops and how the area is fishing?

waverider14
Regular
Regular

Post by waverider14 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:32 pm

Hello mate not my area but welcome to the site.

Someone will be along with advice mate.

Good luck.
Jay

nicknack

Post by nicknack » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:12 am

Clives, is probably the best one locally, you will find it in Exeter Street just off the city centre. Don't think any one is catching much around the Plymouth area at the moment.

peelercrab69

Post by peelercrab69 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:28 pm

hi mate, it depends on wot ur after... if u want to try for bass then saltash brigde plymouth side between the two concrete support leg things lol is where they like to sit... me mates have been there a few times an at least 1 of them catch unfortunatlty i aint that lucky... the bait that is catching them is rag for some reason... good luck hope u have a better session than most of us in plymouth

RedDel

Post by RedDel » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:27 pm

thanks for advice.found clives ok.yesterday fished off stone pier down on barbican.caught 3 small wrasse 2 small pollock on rag and lug lots of bites to keep things intresting.others catching mackerel ana garfish on the float. might go to whitsands beach tomorrow

skuffa
Regular
Regular

Post by skuffa » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:40 pm

welcome to the site mate and well done on the catch!! :D

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:43 am

A very warm welcome to the forums mate.

Cheers keith :D :D

TrulyMadlyDeeply

Post by TrulyMadlyDeeply » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:19 am

Hi Reddel. Sorry this is a bit late and I expect you have been and gone by now but thought I'd post in case others are coming down to the area.

By far the best Tackle Shop in the area is Tom Worthy's Tackle and Bait Shop in the St Beaudeux area of Plymouth. All the frozen bait you would expect plus live Sandeel, peeler crab, rag and lug.

The area is fishing quite well at the moment, (late August/Early September) with Bass being the sort after catch. These are being caught at Whitsand Bay, Sharrow Point, River Tamar, River Plm and the 2 Breakwaters.

If you are after something bigger, Conger are being caught at Mount Batten and on the rocky coast marks to the east.

Phil

pixierich

Post by pixierich » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:41 pm

Have not fished Plymouth for 20 years now but Peelercrab69 takes me backto many a Bass from Saltash Bridge - then it was always KingRag - looks like nothing has changed.
School Bass and eels all the way up to Weir Quay - Mullet up the estuary.
The othe place was passed the docks off teh end of Tamar Plymouth sound - cann't remember name but there's a fort their - Wasse by the hundreds - again King Rag - but lost tackle every ther cast!!!

nath160

Post by nath160 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:05 pm

hey mate, try tom up at plymouth angling center in st budeaux - the baits always top notch and thy will be able to tell you where is fishing well in the area when you get down here mate

tight lines