Info on stoke point devon

anything South West sea fishing related here
Dr-fishfilliter

Info on stoke point devon

Post by Dr-fishfilliter » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi folks, I'm interseted in finding any good fishing spots around stoke point/noss mayo area, any good beaches or rock fishing spots
cheers Fish

nath160

Post by nath160 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:25 pm

hey mate, stoke beach can fish well - but its more of a low tide mark as the beach can dissappear on high springs.

stoke point, although with a killer of a hill to get back up from, is a good mark for wrasse, pollack, dogs and huss but is mega rocky and quite exposed on a southerly. on a SW wind you can still tuck in around the corner and fish in relative comfort though.

big fish baits at night, rag and peeler (and cocktails of these) in the day

lures and floats around structure will save u a lot of gear and is great during sumer days down there.

tight lines

curt

Post by curt » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:30 pm

Ha ha, we know from experience about that steep hill. I'm still trying to get my breath back!! Stoke Beach does look good to me though, shame we got there at the wrong tide state.

TrulyMadlyDeeply

Post by TrulyMadlyDeeply » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:48 am

Hi Curt, If you go through Noss Mayo, take the high road and keep going you come to a cross road with a road that looks like a farmers track.
Down there is a parking area on the right and further down is a holiday home site.

Walk down to the bottom of the road and you come to a church which has a wooded area behind it. A quick walk through the wood, there is a path, and you come to a rocky beach. Fish from the rocks on the left and you have a good chance of getting wrasse during the day and pollack, bull huss etc at night. Be aware though, the rocks can be cut off on a high tide and tackle loss can be high.

Phil

curt

Post by curt » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:59 am

Cheers Phil, i know the beach you re on about. The one i think looks really good is a sandy beach flanked either side by rocky outcrops. It is about half a mile to the east of the beach you have described. I've not fished it yet as it was cut off at high tide last time i went down there but it does look very "fishy" and well worth a go. Think it's called Stoke Beach, have you ever fished from there?