burnham / brean

anything South West sea fishing related here
broadis

burnham / brean

Post by broadis »

hi guys i fish normally in swansea but a holiday is taking me and the family down west country - just need a bit of advice as to where i can fish dont do much beach casting and the mud aint an option with the daughter. are there any piers sea walls etc that can be fished in brean or burnham area and if so what is caught there, what bait and rigs.

thanks in advance lee

east27
Occasional
Occasional

burnham

Post by east27 »

hi there, there's not many place's around brean or burnham that's mud free that i know of, maybe someone else could shed some light on this,you can fish from the sea wall on a good tide at burnham along the main front,there is the pier at clevedon where you can buy a day ticket, apart from that its fishing from the beaches or other marks that would involve a trek plus the mud,there are conger, dogs, bass, being caught on the channel at the mo.
good luck injoy your hol's

broadis

Post by broadis »

many thanks for the reply east27

pjs

Post by pjs »

You could also try the harbour wall from Watchet and the front from blue Anchor. Blue anchor is sandy. Have a look here - http://www.zen18975.zen.co.uk/

broadis

Post by broadis »

watchet looks nice do i need a licence for there though?

thanks lee

pjs

Post by pjs »

Don't think you need a license on any coast. As far as I know you can fish off there for free - I think the only place you need to get a ticket for is the pier up in Cleavdon.