newquay and porth

anything South West sea fishing related here
squashy

newquay and porth

Post by squashy »

hi i am coming down 2 newquay for a holiday soon and am wondering wether it is worth doing a bit of sea fishing in the area?

having not fished the area before i was wondering if you could let me know of any good marks in the area and what you are likely to catch and with what bait ?

oh n it would be of great help if you could let me know where the nearest tackle shop so that i could buy rig bits n bait e.t.c

any help will be greatly appriciated thanx again Squashy :P

paastyman

RE NEWQUAY/ PORTH

Post by paastyman »

HI THEIR THE FISHING CAN BE GOOD IN NEWQUAY ANY TIME FROM JUNE ONWARDS TO OCT THE BEACHES ALWAYS PRODUCE BASS, TOLCARNE, FISTRAL BEACH ,RAY FISHING IS GOOD AT WATERGATE BAY I HAD A 5lb RAY 2 YEARS AGO .THE HEADLAND CAN PRODUCE FLATTIES, MACKEREL,BASS WRASSE, WHEN THE TIDE IS ON THE FLOOD IS BEST TO USE WADERS BUT ITS YOUR CHOICE .PM ME NEAR THE TIME AND WE COULD HOOK UP FOR SOME FISHING THE MAIN BAIT WOULD BE SANEELS ,LUG AND RAG CRAB .THEIR IS A TACKLE SHOP IN NEWQUAY BUT HE IS VERY DEAR ON BAIT THE WEB SITE
http://www.newquaysfinest.co.uk/atlanti ... 01301.html
ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY IN CORNWALL MARK
Last edited by paastyman on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biff1981

Post by biff1981 »

i am also of to newquay in 2 weeks and i will be fishing from the beer garden(i kid you not people) of the red lion into the marina for pollack wrasse garfish bass etc.#
never been before but have seen it on web and google maps

the red lion newquay

craig ramsgate kent

paastyman

re red lion

Post by paastyman »

hi craig you can not fish from the beer garden (red lion) their are two sea walls one being near the pub its a 5 mins walk or less or you could try flycellars hope that helps mark

biff1981

Post by biff1981 »

please dont tell the girlfriend

its close enough

squashy

Post by squashy »

hi thanx for all the advice it is greatly appriciated, i will bare this in mind and hopefuly i will get the chance to go :)
thanks again squashy