Hide and Seek!!

anything South West sea fishing related here
mattynewks

Hide and Seek!!

Post by mattynewks »

I didn't win!!

Went out to Wembury today after work, 5pm high tide. Instead of fishing though, it was on with the wetsuit, snorkel and mask to see whats about.

A massive shoal of Sand Eel, maybe 1000 going to nearly 8''. A sure sign that predators can't be far away. Not a sniff, crabs are on the peel also (collected a few last night) so was expecting to see fish banqueting on this readily available buffet.

Infact, I'd say it was strangely eery out there. Thinking of checking a few marks to see what signs of life are showing.

skuffa
Regular
Regular

Post by skuffa »

Good recky mate.. does seem quiet out there at the mo.. where are they hiding.???. :D

fill

ha ha

Post by fill »

i have spoken to people there before who have been snorkling, and they said to the left amongst the kelp they see alot! ..... how did you keep your fag dry??? ha ha >:)

mattynewks

Post by mattynewks »

I went down with a bell helmet al la jacques cousteau, perfect for smoking the old roll up ;)

To the left was where the Eel' were, carried on but to no avail, which is when we headed out on the point. Will go again soon and give a second report.

On a lighter note, got 20 peelers, some rag and other tit bits for tomorrow night session at my Bass and Huss spot, so I'll report on that saturday morning.