Plugging for Bass (video link)

anything South West sea fishing related here
mattynewks

Plugging for Bass (video link)

Post by mattynewks »

Im bored and sitting here, itching to get my first bass of the year. Got a nice plugging sesh arranged this weekend (weather permitting) and I know there's a few of you guys having a crack this year, so I thought I'd put the link to a vid of me catching a Bass on the plug (not my personal best mind)

I'm no pro with bass, but have caught quite a few now on lures and spinners.

Here's to a successful years fishing!

fishmad
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishmad »

nice fish where abouts was this mark if it not too much of a secret looks ace

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix »

Yes was thinking the same thing :) what a lovely spot for fishing! looks great! :)
cheers
mrix

leadchukka14

Post by leadchukka14 »

Matty nice one mate ;)

Thought you was Gilbey for a minute.lol

;)

mattynewks

Post by mattynewks »

Cheers guys.

The mark is near Plymouth (relatively unfished), and quite varied fishing. I've had Bass, Huss, Pollock and all the summer species there, even had a huge Wrasse baeching itself on the rocks after my lure!

If anyone ever wants to come out with us then more than welcome, just waiting for the spot to kick off again this year.

Watch this space........

sm00thh0und
Occasional
Occasional

Post by sm00thh0und »

excellnt mate well done that was a good vid it put up a scrap always good to see lol
tight lines

chris

dizzy
Regular
Regular

Post by dizzy »

Check this gezzer out

mattynewks

Post by mattynewks »

hahahaha, edd the bass. the guy is a serious legend! he's got a tackle shop down padstow.

he seriously has this down to a fine art, and local too.

fishmad
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishmad »

im not down there again till july now but will definatly come out for a couple of hours with you guys could do with the practice :D

fill

like it

Post by fill »

like it matty..

mattynewks

Post by mattynewks »

Hey fishmad, your more than welcome to come along. Got lots of little spots that produce the goods (most of the time lol)

Cheers Fill :)

fishmad
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishmad »

cheers matty will let you know when im next down will proberbly come back down before july

nath160

Post by nath160 »

Thats a cracking spot, Mat, just round from HB if I'm not mistaken? lol

PM or drop me a line on the website if yr looking for a fishing buddy when you fish around there - its not far from me.

When its high tide like that, theres a good little spot on the other side about 15ft up on a little platform. the good thing there is that when the water is clearish you can see all the gullies and bombies much clearer, to help you find the fishies.

i went down there a couple of weeks ago (bassing) but the place was alive with Wrasse - some to a real nice size for this time of year - so I ended up wrassing for hte day instead. haha

happy days

mattynewks

Post by mattynewks »

Hello mate, welcome to the site. Actually visited your site a few times before, some good detailed info on there, and a good blog!

The spot in the vid, is close to noss mayo mate. Thats the beach area, but I mostly fish a rock mark nearby (see my report I'm about to add).

More than happy for you to tag along mate, the mark isnt fished by the masses, so if you do come, I'd appreciate a little secrecy as the mark can only hold 4 anglers before your forced to fish some sketchy ground. Saying that though, I have no problem with anyone else fishing there, and by no means did I discover the mark.

I'll whack that report up now, Matt