Wrasse

anything South West sea fishing related here
folky
Occasional
Occasional

Wrasse

Post by folky »

Hello fellow sea anglers im from the southeast forums and i got a question for you lot.
Well this year me and a friend will be jumping in the car and driving around targeting certian species now my question is, is there any good spots in the southwest that you can catch big wrasse from? all we get down here mostly are small stuff not even a pound in weight.

boynsie

wrasse venues

Post by boynsie »

Hi mate
A briliant venue for big wrasse is portland in dorset. This is where the british shore record is held and it always produces large wrasse

rocket

wrasse

Post by rocket »

great place for wrasse is hengistburyhead groyne you cant fail to catch there gets busy in summer thou park in car park and take noddy train to beach groyne to the right bout 10min walk

fill

wrasse

Post by fill »

east looe high tide. Rame head near plymouth is good!!!

cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

Devils Point in Plymouth is good too but be prepared to lose a lot of tackle.

George6500i
Regular
Regular

re

Post by George6500i »

pulpit rock in dorset is apparently ood for big wrasse but ive never had time to go there.
its rocky and kelpy

nath160

Re: wrasse

Post by nath160 »

fill wrote:east looe high tide. Rame head near plymouth is good!!!
definitely try Rame Head. I've had Ballans up to 5lb from there before now. The thing with rame is that it isn't heavily fished (its a bugger to get down to the marks) so there still has to be a few big beasties down there - and still hopefully the big 'uns that I've put back! :)