catch report, sat 13th dec

anything South West sea fishing related here
fishdude

catch report, sat 13th dec

Post by fishdude »

hi guys, we were gunna fish ferrybridge sat nite but after the blow friday we headed 4 cogdon again, (thanks 4 all da info on ferrybridge it will be used) anyway we has an excellent nite, my mate had 2 codling 2lb 7oz and 2ld 10, we had doggs, pout , whiting, eels, and the best of the nite waz mine, i caught a 10ld 11oz cod on rag worm, beast of a fish thats smashed my pb, im still on a high and the missis is fed up of me goin on about it all ready, tight lines!!

boris

Post by boris »

Well done fish dude, I fished FerryBridge today for a few hours into the Ebb, No Codling around just pout after pout after pout after pout after pout after pout after pout - I think you know what I mean!!
What sort of distance were you casting?

cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

Hi mate nice report and very well done on the pb cod. Colin

George6500i
Regular
Regular

well done

Post by George6500i »

wel done,

i was going to go to chesil on the 13th but because of the weather i went dunster....

all i caught was a whiting the size of my lead!
this long: ------------------------------

fishdude

boris

Post by fishdude »

wasnt casting very far on that rod, it waz the rod i had out 4 flatties bout 50, 60 yards, not far, by bigger rod that i was blasting out caught 2 doggs and a whiting, my mate had his 2 cod in close 2.

boris

Post by boris »

Thanks, it kinda confirms what I have thought for a long time, I like many others have got into the habit of pendulum casting baits to the horizon - my own pb of 12lb was taken on a rod that i messed the cast up with that literally fell under my feet, I couldn't be bothered to reel it in again, re bait and cast so I left it there for 10 minutes and I put it down to a fluke!!
I know talking to some of the matchmen that they are starting to take distance out of their fishing and are bagging up close in i.e. less than 50yds.

PIGEON
Occasional
Occasional

Post by PIGEON »

afto agree with you boris i was luky enough to catch a 6.5lb cod at pagham earlyer this year and i was fishing whole squid about 25yds out for bass i only cast btween 20 and 40 yards now and seem to get moor bites . stew