west bexington(wednesday night)

anything South West sea fishing related here
andy68

west bexington(wednesday night)

Post by andy68 »

hi all.
fished west bexington last nite,was a bite a chuck,all whiting and some good sized fish as well,better sized fish on straight fish baits,squid,mack and sandeel,at times the baits ere being taken as soon as they hit the bottom,all in all a good session.

andy

cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

Good to hear you had a productive trip.Thanks fior the report.......Colin

-DoG-

Rig Questions

Post by -DoG- »

Hi Andy and all.

First off I am new here and thought I'd say hi.... So HI!!.

Andy, Can I please ask you what rigs you where using down west bexxy please? I have fished down there before but never really been successful so any tips on rigs etc I could get from you would be greatly appreciated.

I am planning on taking my daughter down over night next summer and would really like to catch a load of fish to show her.

Thanks in advance for all of your help and advice.

Regards

Mike

cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

Hi mikewelcome to the site. May you find the information contained in these pages both useful and informative.......Colin

4CodsSake
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by 4CodsSake »

Welcome to the site Mike and nice report Colin :)

Craig :-h

cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

Wasn't me who posted the report it was andy68. Sorry to dissappoint lol

andy68

Post by andy68 »

hi mike.
i was using 2 rods,1 with a 2 hook pennell rig,size 2/0 hooks,bout a 12 inch hook snood,30lb amnesia,5oz lead,casting as far as i could,on the other rod was a 2 hook rig,e.g 2 snoods both with 1/0 hooks and used with a impact shields,as was the other rod,cast about 50yards,had most of my fish on the short distance rod with plain fish baits,had a few on the distance rod,but not as many,hope this helps.....just a quick point,about 40 yards to the right of the car park,and about 90-100 yards out there is a snag,as my mate lost 3 sets of gear,so be warned lol.......

andy