Exmouth sea front

anything South West sea fishing related here
George6500i
Regular
Regular

Exmouth sea front

Post by George6500i »

Hi,
im going to be fishing up by the new lifebopat station tommorow and i dont know what bait i need.
(for flatties)
ive been fishing for 2 years now and i use 2 multiplier reels (abu 6500i)

i could get rag, lug and peeler crab.

any suggestions?

thnx :)

fishdude

Post by fishdude »

wouldnt bother there mate, fished it loads of times, rubbish bottom fishing, good plugging at low tibe off the rocks, ur better off goin by the clock tower for flounder and bass, use crab if u can, crabs take your worm very quick, it has bin fishing well. good luck

Alan1412

Post by Alan1412 »

I kite surf at Exmouth and sometimes in the Duck pond. In case any one not sure where that is it's the area in front of the the Bus & Train station in the estuary.
The times have been out there and stood in the water having a breather or Chatting and have seen good fish just Cruise by is unbelievable. Bass Mullet flounder are all there in what's fairly shallow water in places. I was adjusting the foot straps on my board one day and a bass just passed beside me with it's dorsal fin out of the water. Must have been around the 5-6lb mark and no more than 2ft away.
As the tide floods fish push up into the water on the e side of the sand bar , you cant miss them.
I reckon a bit of light line fishing , or even fly tactics would be good there. Either a good pair of chest waders or indeed a wet suite.
When the winds not blowing that is .
Watch the flood on big springs as you can easily get out of your depth then. Thought better say that.

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Had some of those bass when I lived in Exmouth. My tactic was to stand along side the slipway at low water and cast a sinking lure across the entrance.

George6500i
Regular
Regular

yh

Post by George6500i »

i usually dig bait from the esuary and the worms must attract fishn so i might go down there on the 27th with some crab and worms
thanks