chesil next week

anything South West sea fishing related here
andy68

chesil next week

Post by andy68 »

hi all.
was thinking of giving chesil a go early next week,poss west bexington,high water at 9pm so most of flood in darkness,ant tips/advice would be greatfull....

andy

wobblybob

Post by wobblybob »

I used to fish Chesil a lot, but haven't been able to for years now. My preferred stretch was to walk about 500 yards to the left of West Bex car park. Long distance casting is, in my opinion, essential for decent fishing there - though others will no doubt disagree. I always found big lug baits or lug cocktails to be the most productive, combined with single paternoster clipped-down rig and, mostly, a 150g breakaway lead. After dark fishing was almost always better than daylight fishing, though first light was also usually good. Chesil is very prone to ocassional very large freak waves and I have seen many anglers have a close call and get their camps wrecked and kit dragged out to sea, so my main piece of advice would be - set your base camp well up the beach away from the sea and don't turn your back on the sea. Hope you have a great time, wish I could come with you!