Somerset newby

anything South West sea fishing related here
bazzer333

Somerset newby

Post by bazzer333 »

Hi all.

Had my first attempt at beach casting at Chesil Beach this weekend. Didn't catch anything but had a great day.
Looking for advice on where to fish on the Somerset coast and directions.

Cheers.

nw
Occasional
Occasional

Post by nw »

hi right where to start im in burnham on sea there are some good fish coming from here at the all the way up thru berrow flat to the end at brean down all these beachs and can be acessed by junction 22 of m5 then just follow the signs you reall cant get lost the place aint that big

then a bit futher down you got watchet i have only fished it off the harbour wall

then carry on round that will bring you in to blue anchor bay thats good fishing lot of doggies and pout

then carry on round to minehead

there are loads of little places in between these to fish like kilve etc but would take me for ever to list them with directions just type the name of the place in to google and then get a map up its nearly all off the a39 from bridgwater to minehead

good luck with your fishing hope you catch

pjs

Post by pjs »

I don't often fish the Somerset coast but have tried Minhead, Blue Anchor, etc. Try this website for some advice - http://www.zen18975.zen.co.uk/

bazzer333

Post by bazzer333 »

Guys.

Thanks very much for the info. Gonna give it a try tomorrow.

somersetflight

Post by somersetflight »

Hi Bazzer and welcome.

Im located close to watchet and can recommend any of the venues mentioned and also can recommend dunster beach and porlock weir where the mackerl come up to, parking not a prob execpt for minehead where tis almost all pay and display, if ever ur looking to do sum fishing around here give some notice but remember its tidal.

Good luck with the fishing

Andy

tensenervoushaddock
Regular
Regular

Post by tensenervoushaddock »

hi bazzer, click on www below and follow links on the right of the page for Bristol Channel

bazzer333

Post by bazzer333 »

Hi all.

Time for a laugh. I thought I would check out Hinkley Point as its close to my home town. I followed the directions on the web site and parked in the visitors car park. Me the misses and my son got all kitted up and started to walk through the site. We were just getting down towards the visitors center when this white land rover came hammering round the corner. It stopped next to us and I said to the security guard I'm glad to see someone could he tell me where the path is to the beach. To say he was shocked was an understatement. He told us that the whole area is a secure area and we had no right being there. No public have been allowed on site since 9/11. He advised we should leave site and drive to Stolford which was around 2 miles away. This we did but apart from a couple of bites nothing to show for our day out.
I'm determined to catch a fish or two somewhere on the Bristol Channel!!....

Mr_Me42
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Mr_Me42 »

If Hinckley is local where are you based?
A friend and i are sort of based in Bridgwater, if thats local ish could let you know next time we go?

bazzer333

Post by bazzer333 »

Mr_me42
thanks for the offer it is much appreciated. Yes you guessed right I'm in Bridgwater too. We are busy over the next couple of weekends, my wife is making a fuss about our 25th wedding anniversary, so if you are out and about from mid September and don't mind my wife and thirteen year old son being there i would welcome some help and advice.

bossman

Post by bossman »

Hi All,
I'm fairly new to fishing this area too and would appricate help with marks on the Somerset coast.
Have fished Hinkley a few times off the road/boulders near station, but not been very sucessful.
If you could let me know when you're out next, I'd like to join you.
Thanks
Geoff

Mr_Me42
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Mr_Me42 »

Hi folks round Bridgy,
I will try and arrange a date, mid september when we could meet up?
Will chaeck tides etc and let people know a time / date.
Don't mind anyone joining me, i learn as much as everyone else.

See you all soon.