testing the water for lifts

anything South West sea fishing related here
villevalo

testing the water for lifts

Post by villevalo »

Hi all, I'm a relative newcomer to sea fishing and spend a lot of my time untangling nests, rebaiting my hook after the fish have a free meal and the other associated misfortunes that occue to any newbie!

I have gleaned a lot of information from these forums over the past few weeks and am glad to say that my casting has improved and I have even managed to catch 8 of those funny silver things that live in the wet stuff at the edge of the beach.

Dont know any of the local lads that go fishing and being a novice am not to keen on snagging other anglers with my hooks so I tend to fish on isolated beaches in west cornwall, Freathy, Lantic bay area.

Thats the intro, now for the topic.

I have a car and can fit a couple of people plus the associated tackle in. Anyone interested in fishing these areas please pm me and I will keep a list of those interested and then pm back with info such as, when I'm going, where I'm going and for how long. I must warn you that I do tend to go about 7 in the evening and come back about 5 or 6 in the morning.

No obligation to stay with me when there, you can sod off along the beach/cliff/rocks whatever you feel like doing. Just thought I would try to help some of the lesser mobile members of these forums get the chance to fish different venues.

Tight lines all.

Phil

cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

mayb easier phil if you update your profile with your location...Colin

GaryBadd

Post by GaryBadd »

hiya phil if i live near you m8 id be more than happy to share info and help you as much as i could , as for the cross lines well i did it when i started so id forgive ya m8 everyone's goto start somewhere , i really hope a member close to you takes this offer up , tightlines gl
Gaz :D

cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

Maybe I could take you up on this offer phil. Where in Plymouth are you. I'm in St Budeaux.....Colin

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Well someone's got to live there. lol he he he he >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

villevalo

Post by villevalo »

Hi Colin, I live in the Stoke area so am only a few miles from you. Will pm you with details of my next trip and if it fits with you will arrange time etc.

Phil

austin

Post by austin »

Hi

This is my first post!

I am lucky enough to now live in Torpoint and am returning to fishing after a long break. I fish from boat and shore but would now like to concentrate on beach fishing and get that lead out further.
I often walk the stretch from Mt Edgecumbe to Tregantle and would like to fish with others, i have tried penlee point and rame head and would like to spend time on the beaches over the winter ahead. And would be happy to fish with you.
I have found the best way of learning is with others.
hope my post is not too long. :)

cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

Welcome to the forum m8. Do you come over the tamar to the markson the citywaterfront..........Colin

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Welcome to the forum Austin. Make your posts as long or a short as you like that what this forum is all about.keith :D :D :D

austin

Post by austin »

Colin
Not been fishing in Plymouth yet, there are so many spots to try. Went on a charter boat "Crusader" earlier this month in a three club competition and on the way out noted that Fort Bovisand area looked interesting and might give it a go. Got loads of the river to explore yet, trying to find some less visited spots. Hope to get beach casting gear in September, then look at Witsand bay
and all the beaches along there, down as far as Looe perhaps.
Off to florida to do the disney thing at end of month and will be paying the bass pro shops a visit for sure.
Bye for now
Austin

cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

I fish from Elphinstone pier quite a lot. If you want to arrange a meet up some time tht would be cool...Colin

austin

Post by austin »

Thanks for the offer will have to take you up on it some time
Austin