Post by kawaherp » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Has any one used Berkley Gulp sea baits
Are they any good
What have you cought on them

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:19 am

There has been great debate in the past but to put it in a nutshell save your money and buy proper bait. I don't know how tackle shops can give it away never mind sell it.
Cheers
keith :D :D

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:40 am

rabbi is right, I bought a packet years ago, result -zilch. Still have some in the bottom of me tackle box, don't know why I haven't thrown it out.

kawaherp

Post by kawaherp » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:23 am

Thanks ill save my money and get proper bait
:)

strathy
Regular
Regular

Post by strathy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:40 am

Gulps not very good as a static bait, just whacked out with a beachcaster and forgotten about, but if you treat it as a lure it is very effective, especially the peeler when fished on a 2-10g jighead into kelp forests for codling, pollock or coalies up the west coast of Scotland.
The worm, sandeels and shads have been getting good results on Bass, Turbot and Plaice on the south coast sandbanks out from Plymouth and Weymouth over the last couple of years too. Also been very good for pollock and whiteing on the reefs out from Looe.
The worm in shorter 3in lengths is very god for flatties in esturies when fished on 0.9-3.5g jigheads and allowed to bounce down in the flow, or for mullet on baited spoons.
Look up LRF fishing for lots of user reports as its one of the goto baits for fishing light along with Isome worm.