anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

mogthemackem
Occasional
Occasional

top 10 most likely catches in both south and north wales

Post by mogthemackem » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi Guys

I work for a charity called Get Hooked on Fishing and am in the process of writing up a huge teaching document for working with young people all over the UK and in order to do this part of it is to list the top species likely to be caught shore fishing around our coastal waters and it would be great if I could get some help off you all as local knowledge is the most important. Obviously this may change throughout the seasons but if you can concentrate on the most common for your area. What I'm after is people from each of these regions to give me a list as to what they feel would be the 10 most popular species likely to be caught in North Wales and South Wales using general scratching/match tactics (obviously various baits will help dictate this but I already have a bait section done covering the most common baits).

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:51 pm

From Holyhead breakwater, whiting, wrasse which are plentiful, mackerel when in summer months, lesser spotted dogfish, flounder, scorpion fish, lesser weever, red gurnard, eels and although not fish plenty of large spider crabs.
Cheers
keith :D :D

mogthemackem
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mogthemackem » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:58 am

Cheers Keith ;)